Hey out there. This is my story of freedom found. Tales of camaraderie, mishaps and adventures. Come along and enjoy the ride.

My photo
Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Monday, November 14, 2005

Hello all. I'll start with a quick introduction. My name is David and I'm a motorcyclist. This was really my first season riding. Yea, in Michigan, most riders have "seasons". So far, I have managed to put just around 7500 miles on my 1988 Hawk GT.

Speaking of the Hawk GT. What an absolutely fabulous bike. This bike makes a statement in styling that was way ahead of it's time. A single sided swing-arm that is still trick by today's standards. A dry weight right around 400 lbs. A nice v-twin powerplant that unless you are trying to do a high speed run, is almost the perfect motor. And what isn't perfect about it, you can easily modify it. The suspension and brakes aren't the best yet they are far from the worst. And like everything else about the bike, there are a ton of options from aftermarket to salvage yard fixes to give you great performance. Possibly the best thing about it is that they are a very rare bike that have attained "cult" status, so you won't see one on every ride and the following is huge and could be one of the most knowledgable owner groups in the motorsports world. If you own one and haven't found www.hawkgt.com, you need to. You won't regret it.

Being that I started this account at the end of the season, I'll first be remembering and sharing some of my experiences I have already had. Everything from good rides, good people, and good times to, well, bugs, get-offs and downpours.

I'm looking forward to sharing my take on the motorcycle lifestyle. Whether it directly involves riding or not, it will always involve motorcycles. It might just be people I've met due to our kindred passions. Maybe you can find something here to entertain you, whether you are a rider or not. Maybe, if you aren't a rider, I can help open up a great new world for you. Even if no one sees this to enjoy reading, I can promise you, I had a blast.

--Ride safe, but have fun doin' it!



No comments:

Who else is reading....