Hey out there. This is my story of freedom found. Tales of camaraderie, mishaps and adventures. Come along and enjoy the ride.

My photo
Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ride Report---May 28th, 2006

Sunday was the DSB Hooters ride. I was pretty impressed with the turnout when I rolled into the Hooters (Roseville) parking lot. Was unsure of how it was going to turn out, but there were already a lot of bikes, and more showed up after me. All in all, there were 27 bikes to roll out. And except for a stretched, lowered, chromed and polished Hayabusa who turned off pretty early, everyone made it to Flint without incident.

We managed to stay off any real interstate, expressway or even highways for the most part. Two lane roads all the way. It wasn't a burn up the twisties type of ride having that many bikes, but it was fun and had to be pretty cool to see nearly 30 bikes riding through town.

After some grub and photo ops with the Hooters girls in flint, it was a nice ride down I-75. Please ignore the reports of a wild hooligan sport bike gang terrorizing motorists on southbound 75. The stories are wildly exaggerated.

Now to address why this post is Tuesday instead of Monday. I went riding monday, too! Did a local loop through three counties and put on another 125 miles. Hit some twisties, ate some lunch and drank alot of water. It was 92 degrees out there and I could feel everyone of them.

Well, while we were out, my headlight quit working. The guy I was riding with, also noticed it was wierd that both the hi-beams and low-beams wouldn't work. So when we got back to town, we rode to his house and proceeded to pull the bike apart and test fuses, connections, sockets and the like. He was great and traced the problem to a wire broken of the Hi/Lo beam selector switch, and then soldered it for me. He is definitely a good guy and a great motorcyclist. The riding community is pretty awesome. Arpad, I do owe you!!!

Well on to the pics. I'll put a few here (including yesterdays mechanical issues), but to see the full bunch, just click here. Enjoy, we all did!!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and my electrical problem.....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey baby!!! Glad you had a good time and your bike is in tip top shape..(4 now anyway) I love you baby!!

Who else is reading....