Hey out there. This is my story of freedom found. Tales of camaraderie, mishaps and adventures. Come along and enjoy the ride.

My photo
Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Monday, June 26, 2006

No DSB ride for me this month. The guys got together for their annual Memphis ride on Sunday but I was being daddy so I just took the kids to the park where the crew departed from. The kids enjoyed seeing the bikes and then loved playing at the park. Here's a quick pic of the guys rolling out.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
After an hour, I took the kids and their Uncle Steve, who had joined us that morning, on the route they took for the ride. On Belle River rd. we came upon the DSB group pulled off into a driveway, which wasn't a good sign. There was a St. Clair County police officer present, so we hoped it was just traffic enforcement being applied. Unfortunately though, one of the riders went down in one of the corners. He was basically fine and the bike, while banged up, could have been much worse. The family that took everyone in was totally amazing and helped out any way they could. They even loaded up the bike and trucked it back to Roseville, which I followed to help unload and with anything else I could have helped with. Ron, glad to see you came out ok, man. Here is some photo evidence.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So, what am I sharing this week if I missed the big ride? What was good enough to put out and share with you guys. Only the best ride I've ridden yet.
Friday night I left from the garage and flowed in traffic down Gratiot for about 3 miles. I stopped to eat dinner at Big Jacks Bar-b-que and the Perch dinner I had was very good. I couldn't empty my plate, but I never can at this place. Then it was east on Martin over to Jefferson to enjoy a lazy pace toward home. Passed Shook just a bit and stopped for an ice cream cone, but with the smell of fishflies in the air, I wasn't sticking around long. Jumped back on the bike and took Shook back to Harper. Shot up Harper to the apartments where the kids were at a birthday party and talked to them for a second, then back down to 15 mile rd. to head to the garage and pick up the car.
Wait a second. "What the heck was so special about that ride?", you may ask. Well, this is why!



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yes, my babydoll has finally joined me on a ride. Our first together. She was nervous. In fact, at dinner she told me she only opened her eyes a couple of times. And those times were only when we were stopped. That's when I left it up to her to just get home on quick on Gratiot or take the scenic route. Just a short cruise around the area. She opted for the latter and even promised to try to keep her eyes open. She did. And she enjoyed herself. So much so that I have to share a little info about our Saturday night ride, too.
I said we ran by the apartments where the kids were. You should have seen how excited they got when we pulled up and mom was riding on the back of dad's bike. They got quite the kick out of it. Ashley immediately asked if she could ride next. That's my little princess! I wish we could have gotten a picture of their smiling faces to share with you. They were awesome. But, to the garage to park it and we were done. About 15 miles of all straight city roads, but the ride couldn't have been better.
Saturday night, quick and simple, Jen got to experience some curves. Moravian, Clinton River rd., and Romeo Plank. When it was over, she said she was hooked. "How do you know?", I asked her. With her beautiful smile and a gleam in her eye, she answered, "because I can't wait to do it again." Yup. I love you, Babydoll!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Baby... I am so glad I finally gave it a try.. You did great on my first 2 rides... I am looking forward to being on the back of your "other women" and holding on tight to you.... I love ya baby....

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your ride! Have fun for me! The pix are awesome!!!
Cheryl

Who else is reading....