Hey out there. This is my story of freedom found. Tales of camaraderie, mishaps and adventures. Come along and enjoy the ride.

My photo
Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Yea, it's been a while. There have been some good rides and good times had, and I haven't shared a bit of it. I probably should be punished and maybe I have been. It sure seems when I let the blog slip, my life slips. When I neglect my story, my life reflects the same neglect. So I'll set some of it straight today.

First, I have that video from the day in September that I went down. I feel so much better about my riding and I think you can see it in the video. I feel smoother, and maybe even a little faster. It felt good doing that after hittin the dirt like I did. So check out this "Smokin" hot production. Scot from DSB on his '03 GSX-R1000 manning the camera and me on the little fizz.

Check it out!

At the end of September, Detroit Sportbikes revisited North Territorial for a group ride. We had a nice turn out, with the threat of rain in the air. No rider from the north side of town, Flint, Grand Blanc and such, chanced it though. They missed a great day of riding.

Even though it is a twisty route, with all the debris left from the previous nights rain, and the number of bikes, the pace was kept down. We made it well enough with only a minor incident along the way. The Fizzer and I were riding behind a guy on a Kawasaki ZX-11. That bike is a pig of a machine and it showed in some of the turns. One of the turns had some slippery debris on the outside of the lane. His front tire ran through it and with the weight of the bike working against him he slid right off the road. He did a great job of keeping all plastic and metal off the ground and proceeded to bury the front end in the mud. Which was fine, because even after he got off, it just stood straight up. That bike just refused to get scratched that day.


In the mud....


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Outta the mud...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Most important, everyone made it to Wolverine Food & Spirits to enjoy the next best part of the group rides. Food and camaraderie. Here are some more pics from the day. You can see these and more here in the DSB Gallery.


The meeting spot. Still a bit wet...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mid ride break...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Getting to Wolverine...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

That last pic, the guy so happy is Scot. Smokin on the DSB forums. He's the audio/video guy that is patient enough to ride behind me and get me on video. But his patience is soon to be tested, because on October 10, he became a proud daddy to a little Smokin Jr., Bryce. Congrats to Scot and his family!

Some more good stuff from October to share, but I'll give that to ya another day, soon.

Ride on, ride safe, and ride hard. But just make sure you ride!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lover.... Glad you had a great time on the ride... Looks like fun... Maybe we should hook up sometime... I will give you a ride!!!

Anonymous said...

sshhhh. someone might here you and not quite understand....;)

Anonymous said...

hmmm.... Maybe that someone knows there is plenty of you to go around!!!

Who else is reading....