Hey out there. This is my story of freedom found. Tales of camaraderie, mishaps and adventures. Come along and enjoy the ride.

My photo
Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Friday, December 16, 2005


The word of the day is......withdrawal. Yes, I haven't ridden for a few weeks now and the idea of a track day in Florida sounds like an absolutely fantastic idea. Of course, my bike isn't up to that and neither am I, but........OH WELL! Guess I'd have to catch on quick and I would love to be put to the test.

It is with these thoughts that I give you this. It is my "vacations to-do" list for 2006. Of course most of these can't happen. That being, we will just assume that I hit the jackpot in the MegaMillions lottery. Taking home more than 16 million dollars can buy you a couple vacations, and plenty of track tires.

January
We have to start the year off good. Something to keep us up and keep the feeling fresh. A quick weekend trip to anywhere you can fly to and rent a bike for a track day.

February
Jason Pridmore's Star Motorcycle school at Spring Mountain Motorsports Park, in Pahrump, NV. and of course it isn't that far from Vegas.

www.starmotorcycle.com

March
How about a trip to Tennessee. See some family and then conquer the Dragon. That's right everyone. Deal's Gap!

www.tailofthedragon.com

April
Weather is finally breaking. We will focus on street riding and commuting this month. Freshen up on the day to day skills.

www.msf-usa.org

May
This month we will explore the at least one of the Great Lakes. We could explore Lake Huron in its entirety. Also, we will throw in a track weekend at Grattan or Gingerman, a couple local tracks I can't wait to check out.

www.wmr-scca.org/jz10grattan.htm
www.gingermanraceway.com

June - August
More track days with a trip to Copper Harbor kicker. More specifically a trip around the entire Lake Superior, with a stop in Copper Harbor. That would be incredible.

September
We will finish the Michigan riding season with another trip south to Deal's Gap. Of course, at least one more weekend at the track, too.

November
We can take November off to take care of things I'm sure the bike would need. Gotta keep the girl happy, ya know. Beside's, November really gets busy.

December
I will have to get away for at least one weekend this month to keep from going too crazy. So in the early part of the month, how about a week vacation in anywhere warm. I'd like to ride in many places so every December we can go somewhere different. Florida, Texas, Arizona, California and especially Hawaii are all very good options.

This is a good list to get started. There would be modifications each year to fulfill some dreams. Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca, Sears Point and Watkins Glen would be sweet. And internationally, Isle of Man is a must. MotoGP races and AMA races including Daytona and Mid-Ohio to see the AMA guys and some of the international tracks for the MotoGP races.

I can only imagine that this list will continue to grow the longer I love riding. But since I haven't matched more than two numbers in said lottery, I guess I'll have to chip away at that list a little at a time. Here's to a ray of sunshine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you doing this alone or with someone close to your heart!!!

Dave said...

At least one of those would have to involve me and my babydoll alone. One of those would have to be the whole family. And the others would have to be fellow riders too.

Who else is reading....