Hey out there. This is my story of freedom found. Tales of camaraderie, mishaps and adventures. Come along and enjoy the ride.

My photo
Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Monday, May 01, 2006


Well, it's been more than two weeks since my bike was reported stolen. This week, I should be hearing more from my insurance company about whatever they might give me for the my bike. I still would rather hear from the police.

Thinking about whatever the insurance might give me, causes me to contemplate my next motorcycle. Let's face it, the little Hawk was 18 years old. I really don't expect to get that much for it, so it is almost a definite I won't be able to buy another Hawk. Well, right away anyway. I will have another Hawk someday but the most important thing to me this season is riding now. I have been looking at what has been out there for sale but I just have no idea what I might be looking at next.

If a Hawk is out of the question, I hope to find a cheap older sportbike. Maybe a
Yamaha FZR600 or an older Honda CBR 600. If I can't find something like that, I'll have to go way off the board and check out something like a Honda V65 Sabre or V45 Sabre. With the smaller V45, I could see some drag bars on there, chop the tail, do something with the exhaust and have myself something different till next year. Of course, any bike I find isn't going to be in as good of shape as these appear, but people don't throw any ratty machine up on bikepics.com.

I really hope this mystery is solved quickly. So many good weather days I should have been out riding but haven't been able to. No to mention, May 28th. That is the day of the
DSB Hooters ride. I missed last years ride by one weekend because I hadn't found The DSB website yet. Ya know what, I really don't want to miss a good ride with some good guys that involves some good looking ladies, and that's all I've got to say about that.

All of that being said, I have had an eye opening thought. I think I am going change the title to this blog, one and final time. Yes, it's all about improving in baby steps. My world on two wheels has taken a huge turn, and I have always known that I would own more bikes than only the Hawk, so I do believe I need to make a change. I will wait till I have finally purchased something else, but the new headline won't be bike specific, it will be life specific. Hopefully it has a nice ring to it.

No comments:

Who else is reading....