Hey out there. This is my story of freedom found. Tales of camaraderie, mishaps and adventures. Come along and enjoy the ride.

My photo
Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States

Friday, July 21, 2006

Jen's back at it again. It's a shame though I didn't have the camera. Here's the story.

This past Sunday night, Jen wanted to go for a ride. I just think, "COOL! Does it get any better?" So I suggest a ride up to the Anchor Bay area for dinner at Decker's Landing. She love the idea of eating and hanging out right on the water as much as I do. Thanks to a great Mom, who either happily or unhappily (I'm gonna guess happily, because who wouldn't want to hang with my kids for a while, LOL) takes the kids for the evening, we are able to go. We are on the road just after 8:00. A bit late, but oh well.

It's a nice ride up the lake. We both decided to take the added risk of no jacket, and I must say it was nice. Not something I'll do often, but it was nice. We were chasing the sunset all the way up the shoreline and watching it through the openings offered by either houses, businesses or parks. It was awesome. Dark orange waves pulsed through the sky. Just burning up the horizon. It was beautiful. I was hoping to be able to watch it dip out of sight when we hit our destination, but no luck. That was my first race on my bike and I lost. But Jen did get to enjoy most of it since she didn't have to watch the road.

We reached the Landing about 10 minutes after 9:00. Guess what. The kitchen closed at 9:00. Sometimes that's our luck. We both opted instead for a pop and just enjoyed the breeze off the water for a few minutes. Didn't stay too long, though, because we were hungry.

Looking for a place on the way home, Jen suggests just going to Hooters when we get back to town. Well, you don't have to say it twice when suggesting Hooters to me. That was the new destination. The bugs on the way back were horrendous, as expected that time of night. We enjoyed the same way back into town, right down M29 into New Baltimore, then to Jefferson. This then led to Jen's first trips on the freeway to get around Selfridge Air National Guard Base. No she didn't open her eyes either time. We only went to the next exit, North River rd., took that along the base till we could cross over the river to South River rd. Meandered behind one of Macomb County's finest most of the way to back to Jefferson. From there it was a little sidestep down Shook to Harper, south to 14 mile and over to Hooters. They close at 11:00 and it's 10:30, we're good to go.

Once inside, I show Jen my face shield, she show's me hers. Mine is covered with unpaying passengers and hers is completely clean. Guess I was her "windshield," LOL. The highligts from Hooters.....

1. I stuck my hand into the ceiling fan while taking off my sweatshirt. I didn't flinch. Yes, I'm a badass ; ) LOL.
2. (and this is when I really wanted a camera rolling) Justine, our Hooters girl, managed to spill Jen's completely refilled Diet Pepsi right into her lap. Yes, free food for us. It was great. Memories I tell ya!

After all was said and done, we went just under 75 miles round trip. Her longest ride yet. I'm so happy Jen has decided to venture into this world with me. It was one more great ride to put in the books.

Ok, here to is a pic for ya. I promised this picture last week. I have it and have did a little work but here is my first "action" photo. In it you can see the potential for me to actually ride fast. HeHe, maybe one day.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Baby.... Had a Great Time with you on Sunday... It was real relaxing...Hope to be able to do it again real soon...I love you baby!!!

Who else is reading....